WELCOME ALL!!!

Come see what is like to live life with open eyes
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Night in the library

Very long ago, my grandmother on my fathers side was a cleaner for the Lakewood library. She would work at about 8 or 9 at night. One night she had to bring my sisters and I with her because she had no one to watch us. When we got there one of my genius sisters opened the door and the alarm went off. Finally my grandmother got it to turn off and we entered the library excited to be there after hours. Ashley, the oldest, was trying to "hack" into the computer along with the third oldest, Brittney. While they were on the computers, Valerie, the second oldest, was walking around aimlessly and I, the youngest of this "group" was looking at the Animorphs books which were close to the window (an important detail). During my deep concentration into this series of books I hear a voice that doesn't sound like any of my sisters. (Maybe because it was a mans voice) I look over and I saw a police officer on his radio."I have three young females in the public library after closing", they must not have seen Valerie. All I could say was "OH MY GOD, it's the COPS!!!" After I got out of my state of shock. We had absolutly no reason to run or hide but we did. We were crawling, ducking, rolling, trying to find somewhere to hide. We suddenly found ourselves in an office hiding under the desks. Valerie kept saying not to touch anyhting because we were going to go to court and if they dusted for fingerprints we would go to jail for sure. Ashley and brittney werer being very serious and mature, meanwhile Valerie was crying histericly. She said " If grandma goes to jail who's going to take care of us? Your father can't do it (we had different father's but we were raised together) he ain't got no job!" Now that made me laugh and laugh. I laughed so hard a started to cry but I kept laughing so Ashley and Brittney started to get mad and yelled at me. At last we decided to look for grandma. We found her and explained to her what happened and what we saw, she went to the police, who were at that very moment trying to gain access into the library, and explained to them that she worked there and we were juist there with her. They said they came over because thay heard the alarm go off and wanted to check it out. We all looked at Brittney and pretty much said, " Way to go."

1 comment: